Home » Alainn or Appalling

Álainn or Appallin’: Heather Peace

Lip Service season one may be at an end but before we try to move on I have to include the lovely Ms Heather Peace into our coveted Alainn or Appalling section.  After all, if she wasn’t so damn sexy Cat’s dilemma wouldn’t have played out with any real conviction.

Born the same month as my lovely self, Heather Peace is both a musician and an actress.  She began her career using both of these talents starring in musicals such as My Fair Lady before starting to show up on our TV screens with small roles in The Bill and Emmerdale.  Heather then went on to get into the action with some meaty roles in shows like London’s Burning and Ultimate Force. Peace has not allowed herself be typecast however, and went on to play a single mother in The Chase.

Heather has not let all of this acting success hinder her music career and gigs around Pride events as well as sell out concerts in the UK.  Something tells me her next tour will be larger than anything she has done before, after all, she did steel many a heart while she appeared as DS Sam Murray in BBC3′s Lip Service.  In fact, putting all of her achievements together the people at the Independent have placed Heather at no 40 on their Pink List, which lists the “most influential gay and lesbian people in Britain today”.  Impressive eh.

So what is it that made her appearance on Lip Service spark such a reaction?  I wonder if the writers knew that so many people watching thought she was sexier than Frankie?  Perhaps they wrote Sam as a character that was rock solid and dependable, the one your best friend would want you to choose, but assumed we would all find Frankie hotter.  The fact there was such a split in opinion between the two characters added a great deal to the show but something tells me the show creators thought the whole audience would want Cat to choose Frankie.  I could be wrong, but my guess is that Heather’s portrayal of Sam added a great deal to a story that could have been quiet dull and obvious.  Or perhaps I am just trying to desperately convince myself they won’t write her out of it if we are lucky enough to be graced with a second season!

So what do you think of the sultry Ms Peace?

Heather Peace

View Results

Lip Service on Gaelick

BBC3 Lip Service Page

• [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Bosca, gaelick. gaelick said: New blog posting, Heather Peace – http://tinyurl.com/33w3oq2 [...]

Tweets that mention Heather Peace | gaelick -- Topsy.com said:
  • Excellent, lets just keep the appalling vote at 0% ok??!

Shauna said:
  • write her out!!!!!!!!!!!!!ONLY IF THEY ARE CRAZY
    THEY CAN KISS GOODBYE WITH HALF AUDIENCE,MY FRIENDS AND ME ONLY WATCH BECAUSE OF HER…
    and when frenkie was on screen that was time for making coffee or going to wc

ME said:
  • WOMAN SIMPLE STEAL THE SHOW!!!

WHO THE F… VOTED FOR APPALLIN!?

WRITHE OUT !bay bay bay bay bay lip service!!!

isis said:
  • MORE OF SEM
    less of monkey
    if they write her out they can kiss goodbye with me too

ahem said:
  • three words
    sex on legs

tiamat said:
  • o and I forget ,I was distract with pictures, writing her out would be like shooting themselves

tiamat said:
  • Woah, woah, woah: the poll says that 3% have voted Appallin’.

MAKE YOURSELVES KNOWN.

* prepares torches *

• who r these 3%!loved to c what they look like!cor heather what can i say?!they got to keep u in nxt series.BIG MISTAKE if they dont!

chez said:
  • I think Heather acted the others (other than ‘Tess’ who was just as good an actor) off the screen. I think they made Heather’s character the way it was to emphasise the drama in Cat’s choice and provide a ‘shout at the screen factor’.

Oh, btw: Did the ‘sex’ scenes detract or add to Lip Service?
    Would the series have had more dramatic credibility if they’d left some of the more pointless (graphic) ones out? There were one or two that i thought were momentarily erotic but many just seemed to have been put in for the sake of it – or is it just me?

Elise said:
  • Interesting point Elise, I think most of the sex scenes were part of the story but I take your point.
    What does anyone else think?

Gooner (author) said:
  • i absolutely agree that heather stole the show – by episode 4 it becomes pretty obvious. what i don’t know is whether Harriet Braun planned it this way (she is a very smart writer) or it happened because of Heather who played this character.
    i am in the US, and am trying to introduce all my friends to the show. i noticed that a lot of my straight friends like frankie a lot, find her gorgeous and everything. but all lesbians around just *melt* when the hot cop enters the stage. and start shouting at the screen telling frankie to jump from the roof and leave cat be. and, finally, exit the room in anger during cat/ frankie sex scene.

all that without knowing that heather is gay in real life and all that.

i was so relieved when i heard harriet say that in the 2nd season Sam becomes quite a big character, because i was also afraid that, somehow, they were going to write her out of the show, which would be tragic. so our prayers have been heard after all!

tranex said:
  • J was oh Shain with blond hair very original,hm not watching.But my friends know me so well,they practically forced me to watched.When Sam appeared on screen I was like, “O HELOO,,and than she spoke and I fall off from my bed,her character is glorious.So I start wining she is hot she is very hot,and than three episodes latter I found out she is gay ….still siting on the floor.I think that creators thought that whole audience would want Cat to choose Frankie,Sam had very little space compere to frankie but that was enough. LET FACE IT WOMAN SIMPLE STOLE THE SHOW.So like ahem said ,, MORE OF SEM
    less of monkey,,.

tiamat said:
  • yeah, that’s the kind of a reaction most of my friends and me had. ;))))

as i was watching the show for the 5th time i notice that there is something captivating about heather peace facial expressions – she can smile with her eyes only while appearing completely serious and in control and vice versa, smile with her eyes being sad or serious.

The chemistry Sam and Cat had reminded me quite a bit of another great show Bad Girls and another hot couple – Helen Stewart and Nikki Wade. There is something Helen Stewart like about Cat in this show, and Sam is kind of scary to Cat (just like Nikki to Helen in Bad Girls), but “in a good way”. i also did feel that Sam had comparatively little role as compared with frankie, which hopefully will be corrected in season 2.
    please god, let there be season 2!!!

akko said:
  • Me & my other half think Sam was the sexiest one in the series by far. And I’d vote for her to stay with Cat rather than Cat getting back with Frankie. But it will be very interesting to see how the second series goes with these 3.
    Do you think if she had put Frankie and Cat together at the beginning then split them up there might be more people wanting Frankie and Cat together? Or have we all just fallen for Sam???

I’ve just read here that there will be a 2nd series I hope that’s right. oh loving Tess too very sweet and funny, and the 2 guys..

Jane said:
  • [...] Heather Peace [...]

A lovely year for the ladies | gaelick said:
  • [...] preview for the next episode is now available and they’re interviewing the very popular Heather Peace of BBC’s Lip Service! I also look forward to seeing what the official cocktail of Episode 2 [...]

New lesbian talk show from QUOD.tv | gaelick said:
  • Er…what graphic sex scenes?

AnnieAura said:
  • From Spain, I’ve only just started watching the series and find Heather very nice. Yes, she can come over here for a holiday when ever she likes.

Ann-Marie said:
  • Lucky you Anne-Marie, all that goodness you are just discovering :)

Gooner (author) said:
  • Ive just discovered the show here in australia. OMG Heather Peace makes the show. Amazing presence and the chemistry with cat and sam makes me weak. Every time shes on the screen I just swoon. Shes sooo sexy.

Jordan Thane said:
  • Cat is the main lead in this series. So, what we want cat to be? Cat choosing frankie would reflect cat being immature, emotional and foolish. Cat favoring Sam would enhance cat’s character as an adult who is steady, intelligent and wise.

Peace is voted no.10 in pink list. Her popularity among music fans and lip servcie fans who are basically LGBT cannot be ignored. BBC should keep her for season 3, 4,5 ,6…..

I’m straight yet and i hv watched LP season 1..I can honestly tell you, heather peace had stolen the spotlight!

Sophy said:
  • Heather is the Choice. So what if Frankie has “changed” which is most likely the”message” but Sam most likely changed and is LIVING IT – that is A True Message!!! ~Connie

Connie4Heather said:
  • [...] swoon!  For realz, Sam/Heather Peace made the show.  I was sooo engulfed by her…what was I [...]

BBC3 Lip Service – Season 1 « Studio 4L: four lesbians review lesbian films said: