Lip Service – Season 1 Finale
Last night saw lesbians everywhere scramble towards their TV sets to see the conclusion to season 1 of BBC3′s lesbian drama Lip Service. We had questions to be answered:
- would Frankie stop sulking and grow up?
- would Sam see that Cat is not over her stroppy ex?
- would Tess get it on with the lovely spark from across the ally?
- does anyone really give a crap about Jay?
- when will someone tell Frankie that her family history has been obvious for so long we can’t take her surprised look one more time?
- will the writers realise you need more than 6 episodes to do all this?
Here at Gaelick Towers we had a live blog which really added to the event. Many thanks to everyone who took part, especially HAL who coined the portmanteau “Sooner”, which is Sam + Gooner, I like that, it has a good ring to it.
So what did you all think of the finale? Personally I think it was a great series and has been left wide open for another, which makes me very happy. I do think they rushed the “ending” a little, however. Cat’s position seemed to change within two episodes (insert joke here) and I’d have liked to see that play out over a longer time.
We’d love to hear what your thoughts are. Are you thrilled, disappointed, apathetic? Please comment below and share your feelings on finale, the characters and the series in general.
No related posts.