Home » Polls

Poll: What is your favourite lesbian film?

What is your favourite lesbian film?

View Results

• Love ‘If these walls could talk 2”, probably because it was my first Lesbian film

MkConlon said:
  • There’s some great ones not listed on here, my favourites are Personal Best and Lianna being some of the first films I saw with lesbian content which let me know I wasn’t alone.

Then Lost and Delirious, Show Me Love and Loving Annabelle which really capture the teenage angst years.

I also adore Fried Green Tomatoes and The Color Purple for the non-explicit but obvious love affairs.

More mainstream movies which I love are If These Walls Could Talk 2, Gray Matters, Kissing Jessica Stein, Serving In Silence and Gia. I also really like Imagine Me & You and But I’m A Cheerleader which are already listed.

Not really movies as such but well worth being on the list as they could possibly be watched in one sitting – Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit, Tipping the Velvet and Fingersmith.

Adrienne said:
  • Agreed Adrienne! I couldn’t fit them all in! I love The World Unseen, I Can’t think Straight, Show me Love and Imagine You and Me. Fried Green Tomatoes is also a classic :D

Webmaster (author) said:
  • The Incredibly True Adventures of Two Girls in Love :-)

Soapie said:
  • If These Walls Could Talk 2 is definitely mine. Amazing film.

Of course, But I’m a Cheerleader is a very close second, haha.

tabula rasa said:
  • Ah they’re all terrible really but I voted for But I’m a Cheerleader.

Rebecca said:
  • I like Bound, I know it’s possibly not pc, but hey the ladies be hot!

Kirstog said:
  • Better Than Chocolate?

And yeah, with ya there on Fingersmith and Tipping the Velvet and OMG Bound.

Incredibly True Adventures, yes, If These Walls 2, definitely!

Oh, and Elena Undone. Obviously.

CanuckJacq said:
  • I love all of these film suggestions! (Even the ..questionable ones.)

I think we need to start a Gaelick film club.

@ CanuckJacq: You’re terrible, Muriel..

• Hells yes to a Gaelick film club!!

tabula rasa said:
  • I’m such a queer, I’ve seen EVERY film listed above.

I also love ‘Boys on The Side’. WATERWORKS every time. If you haven’t seen it gather your friends, get some Ben and Jerry’s and a box of tissues and have fun becoming a queer stereotype as you sob together inconsolably then download a bunch of Indigo Girls.

Amiee said:
  • Fantastic film suggestions, folks! (Amiee, I especially like the Ben and Jerry’s idea..)

One of our commenters over on Facebook, Hazel, has also pointed out this list from IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/list/eBT6jcqCQ-w/ It’s like a lesbo-cinematic bible!

• I voted for Go Fish for the nostalgia factor… but Incredible True Adventures and World Unseen are brilliant.

okitty said:
  • I voted for Imagine me and You. It relates to my background and I found the characters to be warming. A good romantic story where the girl gets the girl.

Shiralyn J Lee said: