Dublin Pride seeks volunteer Director of Finance
This just in from Dublin Pride:
Dublin Pride LGBTQ Ltd
Director of Finance : Job Description
Position Description: Director of Finance (Volunteer Position)
Basic Function: The Director of Finance position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results to the company members at the AGM. Principal accountabilities are:
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the Board of Directors.
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the Board of Directors.
- Manage the Accounting, Internal Audit, Sales and Sponsorship Departments.
- Oversees the application of Grants available on behalf of the company.
- Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Oversee Volunteer benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package.
- Supervise partnership due diligence and negotiate partnerships with third party companies.
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Personally review and approve all filling to government agencies in a timely fashion.
- Report financial results to the board of directors on a regular basis.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Arrange for debt and equity financing
- Obtain funding through Grant Applications
- Obtain funding through Sponsorship agreements with third party companies.
- Participate in communication with the community
- Maintain banking relationships
- Represent the company with third party companies and investors.
Desired Qualifications: The candidate of chief financial officer should have a degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 3+ years of progressively responsible experience for a similar company or division of a larger company. Should have experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills. Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance and the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Check out the original job spec & info here.