Home » Featured, This and That

The Gay Team

With the Olympics and Paralympics everywhere this year, it got me thinking about something the missus brings up now and then.

Once in a while when I point to a woman on the TV or in a film and say, “She’s gay,” the missus will light up and be proud to have another famous lesbian on “our team”.

We talk about who we want on our team sometimes – like Ellen Page or Kristen Stewart – and sometimes we cringe when we hear who might be on our team – like Susan Boyle. *shudder*.

Team material: Portia de Rossi. Image: imdb.com

Obviously we know sexuality is not about “teams” but you have to agree that having lesbians like Portia de Rossi, Melissa Etheridge, Cynthia Nixon and a host of others, helps us prove we’re not all butch stereotypes, we’re all different and that it’s very possible to be out, proud, successful and influential. We can use these well known women as examples against ignorance.

If you were to make a super team of lezbots who would be on yours? What is the ultimate team of famous lesbians? In the Olympics of life, who would we want on our queer team of women?

• Penelope Cruz…Angelina Jolie…Katy Perry…Katie Taylor….Jennifer (forget her name and too lazy to Google -Hunger Games actress?)….Rihanna….Nicole Sherzinger….did i say PENELOPE CRUZ (In Vanilla Sky and Vicky Cristina Barcelona…NOM)?? Aah Jennifer Lawrence re Hunger Games Actress i think…

Kris said:
  • Dame Ellen MacArthur, or maybe she already is ?!

Ernie said:
  • I don’t think Susan Boyle being gay should cause anyone to shudder, I could understand if she was obnoxious but she seems like a really nice lady

As for who I’d want on our team, well maybe one of my colleagues who shall remain nameless ;)

Gooner said:
  • I have no beef with SuBo, I’m sure she’s a lovely woman, crazy, but lovely.

Kris do you want every hot & happenin’ A-lister on our team,hmmm? Maybe we should write letters? Convince them with cookies and boobs?

Can anyone weigh in on Dame Ellen MacArthur for Ernie?

Jen (author) said:
  • Hah! I love that Kris just basically fell onto her keyboard and word-vomited a load of hot women’s names. Keep it up, lady!

: D

I agree with the defense of SuBo – Be nice! Also, butch stereotypes? Arse to that! Gorgeous Team Lezbot can include butches. Mmm..

(Let me get back to you.. I’m having a moment..)

• Sure just recruit whoever’s tops in H-Wood at the mo :) but not a bad list of women at all Kris!

Alright, I appologise for making SuBo the go-to example for who we don’t want on Team Lezbot. I hope she’ll still have me over for scotch eggs.

Jen (author) said:
  • Lol apologies I just started daydreaming about all of the celebs who are on my ehem…’to do list’ haha…if i had to pick one though id say…emm…no i cant!! :) haha the comments made me lol

Kris said:
  • P.S subo is a ledge :) i heard Mary Byrne had a lesbian relationship…but shes back on the other team now lol…

Kris said:
  • That’s alright Kris, there’s just so many to choose from. You’re like a kid in a candy shop…or a lesbian in the red light district.

Alright ladies, my apologies to SuBo. Never shall I disgrace her beautiful name again, you have my word. *Spock type hand salute because it looks like a lesbian sign for scissoring* http://www.oxfordschoolblogs.co.uk/psychcompanion/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/spock.jpg

Jen (author) said:
  • Lol @ scissoring reference…my gay guy mates OBSESSED with this word…i didnt even know what it meant exactly haha until someone told me :D terrible lesbian i know…and a whole other direction of conversation…lmao ah SUBO she is a bit off the wall never know what she will say next in an interview but yeah…shes a ledge :)

Kris said:
  • Emily Blunt. EMILY BLUNT. EMILY BLUNT!

• I second Emily Blunt…isnt she in that film…’the summer of love?’

Kris said:
  • Can I have all the butches on my team? Pleeeease?

okitty said:
  • Emma Watson and Emma Stone

(preferably together)

The End

boldasbrass said:
  • pmsl

boldasbrass wins! And so does okitty. : )

• Jen have you got those letters/cookies ready for our recruitment of my hot celebs drive yet? Lol im serious bout this gay team schtuff :D just saw that bit of yer comment now lol oh and i second Kirsten Stewart too :)

Kris said:
  • Oh god my kids are forever making the spock sign… help me unthink the image…wait like the image just don’t want to think it around the kids!!!! Am banning star trek…that noise you think you hear is my kids wailing..thanks jen lollies

Nora said: