Home » Out on the Town

Dive into D8

It’s Friday night and Beers for Queers isn’t on until tomorrow. What will I do for the evening? Y’know, I fancy seeing some hot ladies and throwing a few beers down my neck. I wonder what my queer bros are up to? I know!

DIVE at The Basement Bar, The Lower Deck, Portobello, Dublin 8.

These ladies are having fun, you can too!

Vickey Curtis, who is our barometre of cool with no bullshit, has found this bar underground, a club in a pub, and wants you guys to DIVE into it. She tells us:

It’s… different. But we like different. DIVE is for chicks, queers, pool sharks, burds and troublemakers. We’ve got pool tables, tunes, and these weird dark nooks and crannies for the bants. We’ve got a dancefloor, and we’re pretty sure the ceiling is low enough to hang from and you can crawl the walls.

What’s a bant? Jesus, I’m out of touch. But DIVE sounds like the shit and the lord knows I love me some pool.

The Vickster also warns:

DIVE will be limited capacity, so you gotsta get there early. We’ll open the doors at 10. Fiver in before 11, ten bucks after. After 12, if there’s still room, buzz the door for entry.

Buzz the door for entry!!! I love it, it’s like prohibition! What’s the code word?

• Ah, hee-yor. Bants = banter.

• Aha!!

Gotcha

hal (author) said:
  • Totes excited roysh!

Sounds great. Always loved the lower deck, gone to some brilliant gigs there. Pint in the Bernard Shaw with people who are all definitely cooler than me (but they’ve great beer) then head to DIVE. Sorted.

Is this every friday or just tonight?

Eebs said:
  • nice one dude !!

real-time analytics said:
  • Hi ya- Was this a one off event or on every Friday?
    Cheers,
    Emma

Emma Connors said:
  • Hey Emma,

It’s a monthly night as far as I’m aware – This month’s installment is tonight! : )

There used to be info on Facebook about DIVE, but for now I think you can get details from the organisers on Twitter, @UnaMullally and @raginspice